Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting ready for another road trip!

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in Texas!
We are getting ready to hit the road up to H-town (Houston).
But not before I post a challenge project that I have been working on-n-off.
For the FMQ group and Challenges 2013 on FB, was to  create a greeting card with some FMQ.
I have never done this before, so bare with me.
(click on the picture for a better view)
Front of the Greeting Card
I took a pencil and color the backside of the drawing from a picture and traced it onto the fabric. I colored in the flowers with Tsukineko inks that I found at a quilt store and at the IQF show last year. After the ink dried, I outline the picture with metallic thread. After awhile, the thread was breaking off while I was FMQ and I would re-thread the machine several , several times.
Then sewed a zig-zag around the mini-quilt three times and added a stamp.
Before I sewed the min-quilt onto the cardstock I used some washable glue stick  (kids glue sticks works fine) to adhere the mini-quilt to the front side of greeting card first.
 
Inside view of the card
Then stitched it onto card stock which I printed out a poem on the inside of the card. Notice the stitching on the left side where I sewed the mini-quilt on the front of the card.
 
I added some more flowers on the inside of the stitching and colored in with water colored pencils, outline with a micron pen. I layered the colors after drying each layer and played around with different coloring pencils to get the medium I was looking for. I love the stitching around the flowers.
I used Derwent water color pencils, and also a set from Michaels.
 
On the backside of the card, I stamped a house and colored in using the same water color pencils.
Hopefully, I will be able to delivered my gift and greeting card to the recipient this week.
If not, there is always the postal service.
Now, I need to finish packing and head out with my WDH on his business trip.
I hope that you enjoyed your visit and wish everyone a wonderful sunny day.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
 
Judith, Texas
 
 
 

1 comment: